- Long-term use (up to 3 years) at high temperature up to 250°C.
- Short-term heat shock up to 400°C.
- Thermal destruction begins at 500°C.
- It does not melt. It withstands the exposure of open fire, in inert media the material become carbonized.
Oxygen index LOI for virgin fiber is 30% minimum. PolyOxada fabrics cannot be burned with overheated (600-700°C) sparkles. The fiber is applicable at cryogenic conditions as well.
High breaking strength and other properties
- Average load at brake of the filament is
- 45cN/tex at 20°C and
- 27 cN/tex at 200°C.
- Break elongation is 10-15%. Load at elongation (LASE) 5% is in the range 31-41 N.
- The filament is very stable to withstand cyclic and static load.
- High adhesion to rubber.
Fiber has high resistance to organic solvents and acids. It is stable to diluted inorganic acids and alkalis.
Humidity level of PolyOxada compares to viscose and cotton level (10-11%).
Linear shrinkage at high temperatures (up to 400°C) is max 0,5%, that is significantly better versus other types of heat resistant fibers with high level of shrinkage.
Unique frictional properties
Fiber has very low friction coefficient to the metal surface (below 0.2). This property is a key to successful using of in composite industry. The material is wear resistant and not abrasive.
High electrical resistance
Above 1014 Ohm • mm2 / m.